Q: What is the NORTHEAST RUNNING CLUB (NERC)?
A. We are a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting physical and active lifestyles through running and walking. Our club members are comprised of all levels of physical ability and age.
Q? Why do people join?
- to socialize at our numerous events
- to find running/training partners, motivation and fun
- to learn about all aspects of running and nutrition
- to contribute to our High School Scholarship Fund
- to give back to the community by volunteering
- Member EXCLUSIVE benefits
- Monthly meetings with guest speakers or other activities – refreshments provided
- Group Fun Runs – Organized runs in various locations with food and socializing afterward
- Weekly runs and track workouts – a weekly routine is a great way to maintain or improve fitness levels
- Invitations to club subsidized, member only events including the Summer Picnic & Winter Banquet
- Discounts at local running stores, and discounts on some race fees
- Opportunity to compete in the NERC Grand Prix Race Series with cash prizes
- RRCA insurance coverage at NERC races, fun runs, workouts and activities
- Social events such as movie nights, tours of interest and group outings
- Communication of all things running including tips, motivation, inspiration, races and events through our website, e-Blasts, private facebook® group, and President’s newsletter
- Organization and storage of your races, pictures and personal records through our website
- Opportunity to serve on the Board and/or other running, health and community activities
- Friendship, support and encouragement to accomplish any goal you set for yourself!
Q? How do I become a member and how much does it cost?
A. The cost of membership is just $20 for an individual or $25 for an entire family (household) for 1 calendar year. The membership pays for itself through store discounts and club subsidized social activities. Membership fees fund the activities listed above and general club expenses. You can sign up through our website or by paper application (see back).
Q. What discounts do I receive as a member?
A. Northeast Running Club partners with local retailers to make sure you have the best gear for your runs.
|15% Membership Discount|
|Achilles Running Shop
7439 Mentor Ave.
Mentor, OH 44060
|Fleet Feet Sports
|10% Membership Discount|
|The Bicycle Hub
7430 Mentor Avenue
Mentor, Ohio 44060
Q. Is there anything else I should know?
A. We serve our club members and the surrounding community by focusing on and providing social interaction, education, fitness opportunity and community support. NERC is a valuable source for all things competitive running and fun running. If you are still not sure that NERC is right for you then check us out on facebook®, visit our website or simply come out to one of our events.