In April of 1982, a group of runners got together at Red Lobster in Mentor and decided to form a running club. From that small group of about 25 people we have grown and shrunk to our present day membership of nearly 500 runners and walkers. Our abilities run the gamut from the elite to the very back of the back of the packers.
We try to be a social group as well as a running group, getting together for impromptu dinners or going on a road trip for an out of town race. We have guest speakers at our regularly scheduled meetings on the second Tuesday of each month, except for July when the meeting is a picnic and August when we have our Cross Country Series. We get together for Group Runs, some on a regular basis, others just emailing people to let them know where and when they are running.
We also have a Grand Prix Series for members only with awards given at our annual banquet. Each year we award money for scholarships to area high school seniors. Last, but certainly not least, we do have organized races that are open to the public.
Benefits of Joining
- Organized group runs/walks
- NERC organized races, track speed workouts, fun runs, and trail runs
- Road trips to out of town/state races
- Membership only Grand Prix Series
- Social events, picnics and outings
- High School scholarships
- Monthly meetings and guest speakers
- Presidents newsletter and eBlasts
- Members only Facebook group
- Annual winter party